Hi all

I'm struggling to configure solr cloud to put the index files and
core.properties in the correct places in SolrCloud 5.5. Let me explain
what I am trying to achieve:

* solr is installed in /opt/solr
* the user who runs solr only has read only access to that tree
* the solr home files - custom libraries, log4j.properties, solr.in.sh
and solr.xml - live in /data/project/solr/releases/<revision>, which
is then the target of a symlink /data/project/solr/releases/current
* releasing a new version of the solr home (eg adding/changing
libraries, changing logging options) is done by checking out a fresh
copy of the solr home, switching the symlink and restarting solr
* the solr core.properties and any data live in /data/project/indexes,
so they are preserved when new solr home is released

Setting core specific dataDir with absolute paths in solrconfig.xml
only gets me part of the way, as the core.properties for each shard is
created inside the solr home.

This is obviously no good, as when releasing a new version of the solr
home, they will no longer be in the current solr home.

Cheers

Tom