I'm attempting to perform my own merge of IDs with a MergeStrategy in v5.2.1.
I'm a bit hamstrung because the ShardFieldSortedHitQueue is not public. When
trying to build my own priority queue I found out that the field
sortFieldValues in ShardDoc is package restricted. Now, in v6.1 I see that
both the HitQueue and the field are public.

Would it be possible to patch 5.2.1, or maybe the latest v5, to expose these
very useful objects? I can't upgrade to v6 due to the java 8 requirement.

thanks, Ted