Not all my fields use docValues. This is going to be a problem in the future.
Once I change the schema.xml to use docValues for these certain field types,
how do I reindex the data in place - without starting from the source?

I'm aware of lucene's IndexUpgrader but that will only ensure a correct
lucene match version. I'm not changing that. Could I use SolrJ to walk
through the documents and "touch" each one and do an atomic update on the
fields that have changed? (all the fields I care about are stored)

Thanks, Ted
v5.2.1