Hi Steve,

Thanks for sharing the information.

 I went through the solr references document which you shared in the link.
Your shared references document pointing to solr version 6.4.0.
The implemented Solr version in my project is 4.9.0.

As I mentioned earlier In my solr schema.xml I defined product Arabic name
field as below:

/*----------------------------------------------*/
<field name="productNameArabic" type="text_ar" indexed="true"
stored="true"/>

<fieldType name="text_ar" class="solr.TextField" positionIncrementGap="100">
                <analyzer>
                                <tokenizer
class="solr.StandardTokenizerFactory"/>
                                <filter
class="solr.LowerCaseFilterFactory"/>
                                <filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory"
ignoreCase="true" words="lang/stopwords_ar.txt" />
        <filter class="solr.ArabicNormalizationFilterFactory"/>
        <filter class="solr.ArabicStemFilterFactory"/>
    </analyzer>
</fieldType>
/*----------------------------------------------*/

I am indexing the Arabic content using “text_ar” field type.

Characters
ا
أ
إ
آ
Shift key Considers for the above
Table 1

These are the example of characters where I’m facing the searching
difficulty.

Example Indexed words
ابرا
أبرا
إبرا
آبرا
Table 2

These an example of indexed words in Solr.

Searching word
ابرا
Table 3

Now my problem is, By searching for the above word(table 3) I should get all
indexed words in table 2 in the output.

Is Solr version 4.9.0 compatible with Arabic search or do I need to upgrade
to higher version?

Kindly, do let me know if I need to give an example of all characters since
I gave only for one character which is hamza with alef.

Thanks,
Mohan