Some background:
·         The data involved is catalog data, with three nested objects:
Products, Items, and Skus, in that order. We have a docType field on each
record as a differentiator.
·         The "id" field in our data is unique within datatype, but not across
datatypes. We added a "uuid" field in our program that generates the Solr
import file that is the id prefixed by the first letter of the docType, like
P12345. That makes the uuid field unique, and we have that as the uniqueKey in
our schema.xml.
·         We are trying to retrieve the parent Product, and all children
documents. As such, we are using the ChildDocTransformerFactory ([child...]) to
retrieve the children along with the parent. We have not yet solved the problem
of getting items within SKUs as nested documents in the results, and we will
have to figure that out at some point, but for now we get them flattened
·         We are building out the proof of concept for this. This is all new
work, so we are free to change a lot.
·         This is Solr 6.0.0, and we are importing in JSON format, if that
matters
·         I submitted this question to
StackOverflow<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/41969353/solr-querying-nested-documents-with-childdoctransformerfactory-get-parent-quer>
 but haven’t gotten any answers yet.

Our data looks like this (I've removed some fields for simplicity):

{

  "id": 739063,

  "docType": "Product",

  "uuid": "P739063",

  "_childDocuments_": [

    {

      "id": 1537378,

      "price": 25.45,

      "color": "Blush",

      "docType": "Item",

      "productId": 739063,

      "uuid": "I1537378",

      "_childDocuments_": [

        {

          "id": 12799578,

          "size": "10",

          "width": "W",

          "docType": "Sku",

          "itemId": 1537378,

          "uuid": "S12799578"

        }

      ]

    }

}

The query to fetch all Products and their children nested inside them is
q=docType:Product&fl=title,id,docType,[child parentFilter=docType:Product].
When I run that query, all is well, and it returns the first 10 rows. However,
if I fetch more rows by adding, say &rows=500, we get the error Parent query
yields document which is not matched by parents filter, docID=XXX.

When we first saw that error, we discovered our id field was not unique across
document types, so we added the uuid field as mentioned above, which is. we
also added in our schema.xml file, wiped the core, recreated it, and restarted
Solr just to make sure it was in effect. We have double checked and are sure
that the uuid fields are unique.

In all the search results for that error that I've found, the OP did not have a
field that could differentiate the different document types, but as you see we
do. Since both the query and the parentFilter are searching for docType:Product
I don't see how either could possibly return anything but parents. We've also
tried adding childFilter=docType:Item and childFilter=docType:Sku but that did
not help.  I also tried using title:* for the filter since only products have
titles.

Is there anything else we can try?

Any explanation of this?

Is it possible that it's not using uuid as the unique identifier even though
it's specified in the schema.xml, and would that even cause this?

Thanks.