Hello,

I have a function and a lot of documents, i want to select all documents that
give a certain value when i pass a document's field through the function, i
just want to filter by function, how?

I am thinking of implementing Collector. Get the docId, make a field look-up
and discard if it doesn't pass my function. But i remember from quite some time
ago, that doing field look-ups there would be expensive.

Although i don't mind it taking some time (it is for batched work behind our
scenes), do you have suggestions?

Also, the last time i had to use a custom collector, i had to hack it into
SolrIndexSearcher to use it. Is there any proper way to use a custom collector
these days?

Many thanks,
Markus