Hi,

It would be really nice to have a server-side option, though. Not everyone uses Solrj, and a typical fairly dummy client just queries the server without any understanding about shards etc. Solr could be clever enough to not forward the query to NRT shards when configured to prefer PULL shards and they're available. Maybe it could be something similar to the preferLocalShards parameter, like "preferShardTypes=TLOG,PULL".

--Ere