On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 07:46:57 -0400
Mark Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yes. You will def see a speed increasing by avoiding http (especially
> doc at a time http) and using the direct csv loader.
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateCSV

and the obvious reason that if, for whatever reason, something breaks while you
are indexing directly from memory, can you restart the import? it may be just
easier to keep in disk and keep track of where you are up to adding to the
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

Sysadmins can't be sued for malpractice, but surgeons don't have to deal with
patients who install new versions of their own innards.

Warned.