Roy,

Not sure of the point of Nabble when it strips content before passing messages
on to the mailing list.  I’ve emailed them about this problem in the past but
they have done nothing about it.

Updating a post on Nabble will never make it to the mailing list.  If you want
us to be able to read your post in full, you should subscribe to the mailing
list instead of using Nabble.  Instructions here:
http://lucene.apache.org/solr/community.html#solr-user-list-solr-userluceneapacheorg

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com