Solr 5.5.4. I have a collection with a single shard and two replicas. Both
are reporting down. No shard leader exists. Each replica is on a different
node. Should it be safe to attempt an ADDREPLICA command? Since there's no
leader I don't know if that will work. This is the cluster state for the
collection:

"SCHN":{
        "shards":{"shard1":{
            "range":"80000000-7fffffff",
            "state":"active",
            "replicas":{
              "core_node6":{
                "core":"SCHN_shard1_replica5",
                "base_url":"http://----:8983/solr";,
                "node_name":"----:8983_solr",
                "state":"down"},
              "core_node5":{
                "core":"SCHN_shard1_replica2",
                "base_url":"http://----8983/solr";,
                "node_name":"----:8983_solr",
                "state":"down"}}}},
        "replicationFactor":"2",
        "router":{"name":"compositeId"},
        "maxShardsPerNode":"1",
        "autoAddReplicas":"false",
        "znodeVersion":1127,
        "configName":"default"},

The logs show repeated errors for: ERROR
org.apache.solr.common.SolrException Error while trying to recover.
core=SCHN_shard1_replica5:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: No
registered leader was found after waiting for 4000ms , collection: SCHN
slice: shard1

I've already tried bringing the nodes down and then back up.

--
Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-User-f472068.html