I wrote a Python demon that gets clusterstatus from the API, parses it, and
sends the counts of replicas in each state to InfluxDB. From there, we chart
and alert in Grafana. New Relic is good, but we need other kinds of metrics,
like the load balancer status from CloudWatch.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wun...@wunderwood.org