On 12/12/2020 12:54 PM, Dmitri Maziuk wrote:
is there an easy way to use the stock UUID generator with DIH? We have a hand-written one-liner class we use as DIH entity transformer but I wonder if there's a way to use the built-in UUID generator class instead.

 From the TFM it looks like there isn't, is that correct?

The only way I know of to use an update processor chain with DIH is to set 'default="true"' when defining the chain.

I did manage to find an example with the default attribute, in javadocs:

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/5_0_0/solr-core/org/apache/solr/update/processor/UpdateRequestProcessorChain.html

If there is another way to specify the chain to use with DIH, I do not know about it. I am always learning new things, something might exist that I have never seen.

Thanks,
Shawn