Hi David,

Thanks for filing this issue. The classic non-weightMatcher mode works well
for us right now. Yes, we are using the POSTINGS mode for most of the
fields although explicitly mentioning it gives an error since not all
fields are indexed with offsets. So I guess the highlighter is picking the
right choice for each field. Here is the test with hl.offsetSource=ANALYSIS
and hl.weightMatches=false that you requested.

hl.offsetSource=ANALYSIS&hl.weightMatches=false (340 ms)

The above is thus better than the original highlighter. I'll also try and
create that PR soon.