On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 10:58 AM Henrik Brautaset Aronsen
<h...@finn.no.invalid> wrote:

> After upgrading our Solr Cloud collections from 8.7.0 to 8.8.0 I struggle
> to get a consistent state.  We have 8 servers hosting 3 collections, with
> shards/replicas spread over alle the servers.
>
> All replicas on solr3577 is in "Recovering" state, and is repeating every
> five minutes: "RemoteSolrException: Error from server at
> http://solr3579.foo.bar:12621/solr
> <
> http://solrtravel3577.europe-north1-c.finn-forklift-search-prod.gcp.int.host.finntech.no:12621/solr
> >:
> Timeout waiting for collection state", as you see here:

It seems my timeout settings were too aggressive. Things started working
when I restarted the nodes with -Dsolr.jetty.http.idleTimeout=60000
-DsocketTimeout=60000 -DconnTimeout=60000. Previous values were
-Dsolr.jetty.http.idleTimeout=10000
-DsocketTimeout=5000 -DconnTimeout=5000.

Cheers,
Henrik