By tracing the output in the log files we see the following sequence.

Overseer role list has POD-1, POD-2, POD-3 in that order
POD-3 has 2 shard leaders.
POD-3 restarts.

A) Logs for the shard whose leader moves successfully from POD-3 to POD-1
On POD-1: o.a.s.c.ShardLeaderElectionContext Replaying tlog before become
new leader
On POD-1: o.a.s.u.UpdateLog Starting log replay
On POD-1: o.a.s.u.UpdateLog Log replay finished.
On POD-1: o.a.s.c.SolrCore .... Registered new searcher autowarm time: 0 ms
On POD-1: o.a.s.c.ShardLeaderElectionContextBase Creating leader
registration node ... after winning as ...
On POD-1: o.a.s.c.ShardLeaderElectionContext I am the new leader:....

B) Logs for the shard whose leader does not move from POD-3 to POD-1
On POD-1: o.a.s.c.ShardLeaderElectionContext Replaying tlog before become
new leader
On POD-1: o.a.s.u.UpdateLog Starting log replay...
On POD-1: o.a.s.h.ReplicationHandler Index fetch failed
:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: No registered leader was found after
waiting for 4000ms....

< POD-3 is back up at this time >
On POD-3: o.a.s.h.RequestHandlerBase org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:
No registered leader On was found after waiting for 4000ms....

It was odd to see no INFO, WARN or ERROR log message after "Starting log
replay" on POD-1 for the shard which did not get its leader elected.

--
Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-User-f472068.html