We have a SolrCloud cluster, version 8.4

At the customer’s site there’s a collection with very few documents, around 12.
We usually have collections with hundreds of millions of documents, so that
collection is a bit of an exception.

When I send a significantTerms streaming expression it immediately gets a
“IllegalArgumentException("length needs to be >= 1")” from that collection’s
shard. I took a look at it, but it doesn’t seem to have anything different in
it from other collections. We also don’t get that exception in our own cluster,
which is very similar to customer’s.

I found the exception log in
“lucene-solr\lucene\core\src\java\org\apache\lucene\util\SparseFixedBitSet.java”
 but I don’t have enough knowlegde on the inner workings of the streaming
expression to interpret it.

What may cause this?

--ufuk

Sent from Mail for Windows 10