Last week I switched to Solr 8.7 from a “special” build of Solr 6.6

The system has a timeout set for querying. I am now seeing this bug.

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-14758>

Max Query Time goes from 1.6 seconds to 20 seconds and affects the entire
system for about 2 minutes as reported in New Relic.

null:java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.component.QueryComponent.mergeIds(QueryComponent.java:935)
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.component.QueryComponent.handleRegularResponses(QueryComponent.java:626)
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.component.QueryComponent.handleResponses(QueryComponent.java:605)
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler.handleRequestBody(SearchHandler.java:486)
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:214)
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:2627)

Can this be fixed in a patch for Solr 8.8? I do not want to have to go back to
Solr 6 and reindex the system, that takes 2 days using 180 EMR instances.

Pease advise. Thank you.