On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 3:45 AM, Marc Sturlese <marc.sturl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey there,
> I have been reading about StreamingUpdateSolrServer but can't catch exactly
> how it works:
>
> More efficient index construction over http with solrj. If your doing it,
> this is a fantastic performance improvement.
StreamingUpdateSolrServer tries to use optimize use of http connection
by posting multiple <add> commands in the  same request. It also
allows you to do the same task in multiple threads.

> Adding a StreamingUpdateSolrServer that writes update commands to an open
> HTTP connection. If you are using solrj for bulk update requests you should
> consider switching to this implementation. However, note that the error
> handling is not immediate as it is with the standard SolrServer.
yeah true. CommonsHttpSolrServer has a add(Iterator<SolrInptDocument>)
method which is efficient (but does the update in the calling thread)
and you get to know about errors immedietly.

> Is there any way to use it in DataImportHandler?
DIH and StreamingUpdateSolrServer?
No . I cannot imagine a way