On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 15:07:12 -0700
Francis Yakin <fya...@liquid.com> wrote:

> We have several thousands of  xml files in database that we load it to solr
> master The Database uses "http"  connection and transfer those files to solr
> master. Solr then  translate xml files to their lindex.
>
> We are experiencing issue with close/open connection in the firewall and very
> very slow.
>
> Is there any other way to load the data/index from Database to solr master
> beside using http connection, so it means we just scp/ftp the xml file  from
> Database system to solr master  and let solr convert those to lucene indexes?

Francis,
after reading the whole thread, it seems you have :
  - Data source : Oracle DB, on separate location to your SOLR.
  - Data format : XML output.

definitely DIH is a great option, but since you are on 1.2, not available to
you (you should look into upgrading if you can!).

Have you tried connecting to  SOLR over HTTP from localhost, therefore avoiding
any firewall issues and network latency ? it should work a LOT faster than from
a remote site. Also make sure not to commit until you really needed.

Other alternatives are to transform the XML into csv and import it that way. Or
write a simple app that will parse the xml and post it directly using the
embedded solr method.

plenty of options, all of them documented @ solr's site.

good luck,
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which
they avoid. "
  Soren Aabye Kierkegaard

Warned.