Sorry to repeat this question, but I realized that it probably
belonged in its own thread:

The TikaEntityProcessor class that enables DataImportHandler to
process business documents was added after the release of Solr 1.4,
along with some other changes (like the binary DataSources) to support
it. Obviously, there hasn't been an official release of Solr since
then. Has anyone tried back-porting those changes to Solr 1.4?

(I do see that the question was asked last month, without any
response: http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/document/5d2d25bc57c370e9)

The patches for these issues don't seem all that complex or pervasive,
but it's hard for me (as a Solr n00b) to tell whether this is really
all that's involved:

Sixten