I am currently testing some things with Solr 4.0.0. I tried to make a
tokenizer CoreAware, and was rewarded with:

Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Invalid 'Aware'
object: com.basistech.rlp.solr.RLPTokenizerFactory@19336006 --
org.apache.solr.util.plugin.SolrCoreAware must be an instance of:
[org.apache.solr.request.SolrRequestHandler]
[org.apache.solr.response.QueryResponseWriter]
[org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchComponent]
[org.apache.solr.update.processor.UpdateRequestProcessorFactory]
[org.apache.solr.handler.component.ShardHandlerFactory]

I need this to allow cleanup of some cached items in the tokenizer.

Questions:

1: will a newer version allow me to do this directly?
2: is there some other approach that anyone would recommend? I could,
for example, make a fake object in the list above to act as a
singleton with a static accessor, but that seems pretty ugly.