I have tried doing this via custom SearchComponent, where I can find all similar
documents for each document in current search result, then add a new field into
document hoping to use sort parameter (q=*&sort=similarityCount).

I don't understand this part very well, but:

But this will not work because sort is done before handling my custom search
component, if added via last-components. Can't add it via first-components,
because then I will have no access to query results. And I do not want to
override QueryComponent because I need to have all the functionality it covers:
grouping, facets, etc.

You may want to put your custom SearchComponent to last-component and inject
SortSpec
in your prepare() so that QueryComponent can sort the result complying with
your SortSpec?

koji
--
http://soleami.com/blog/automatically-acquiring-synonym-knowledge-from-wikipedia.html