I saw that.  Portal's solve a big question I had always had, but never
spent time worrying about, "I'll worry about it later" thinking.

My biggest "worry about it later" item is as Hervé pointed out, 3d model
and animation creation.  Just to be clear, the Cal3D model is the demo
model that came with cal3d.

Since we are on the subject of how to do stuff, I have a couple
questions.  Is it possible now or in the future to have shadows?
Specifically, when the cal3d model walks around, a shadow on the ground
would dramatically improve the visual quality of the scene, IMHO.

Also, any good way to "paint" the ground?  In my attempt I
programatically applied a material to points in the landscape.  This IS
quite useful and I will continue to use this, but it lacks the precision
and detail necessary for something like a road.  Imagine a twisty
country road complete with painted lines.  How could something like this
be done?  Certainly the way I painted a path using set_texture just
isn't going to work.

--
Jack Madison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>