Mike McCune wrote:
Jesus M. Rodriguez wrote:
Hey Spacewalk hackers,

I'd like to wrap up feature and bug fixing by 12/5 so that we can
start the package building process on Monday 12/8 for a release on
12/15. Let me know if this will be a problem.

Feature freeze: 12/5
Packages: 12/9
QA freeze: 12/12
Release: 12/15

I'm thinking since the scope of features in 0.4 is much much larger than the previous releases we are going to need to spend more time in testing (multiorg and cobbler-koan come to mind)

I'd advocate we instead release a QA build to the public on 12/15 and do the final release on say ... 12/22? Or after the break? I realize I'm calling for us to be late but it seems rational to me.

Anyone else agree/disagree?

Also don't forget that we have a feature called "multiarch enhancements" for 0.4 which needs extensive testing as its a revamp of existing functionality to use arch info in a bunch of areas. This IMHO is highly regression prone and needs rigorous testing as well. Also we have stored profile devel work still in progress for 0.4 so I think 12/15 would be pretty tight to get this feature wrapped up and tested enough within the next two weeks into 0.4.

Thanks,
~ Prad