On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 09:02:54PM -0600, Dennis Gilmore wrote:

> I do not thing we are that far away from teh same goals.  I just think that
> doing builds needs to be the deliberate action of an engineer.  We can and
> should make "make  tag" do the build also.

The trouble is -- after you make tag(-minor)-release, you should
review that commit, then push that commit and that tag, and only then
you can do the build. So there is a human action (that review)
required in between.

Running make tag(-minor)-release is a way the developer marks that
part of work finished, and claims he/she is ready to get the rpms
built from that tag. Mirek's automatic build setup can then handle
that.

--
Jan Pazdziora
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat