I don't have selinux on. Is this expected? it took almost 10 minutes and I eventually just CTRL+C-ed it.

Well yes, we run restorecon on /var/satellite to set correct context,
even if you are not in Enforcing. It is not expected to fail thou.

Also calling restorecon with selinux disabled probably won't work. Cobbler makes sure it doesn't bother with restorecon in those instances.

Enable in /etc/selinux, touch /.autorelabel, and reboot?

You'd want to strive for 100% clean runs in setroubleshoot.

FYI -- Recently Dan Walsh recommended I /not/ support SELinux on EL 4, and only do EL 5 since it was more manageable (supports public_content_t). Seeing this impacts spacewalk, I would suggest spacewalk take the same position.

--Michael