thirdparty.git available at:

git clone
 git+ssh://yourlo...@git.rhndev.redhat.com/scm/git/thirdparty.git

oracle-instantclient is the only package there now. I brought the spec
over from svn, removed the reverences to "sources" and "version" files,
and fixed any issues with build.py. I see that we don't bother tracking
sources for this project in source control (and rightly so given their
size), is this something we should apply to all our third party
libraries? Or do we wish to continue doing so if the .tar.gz is small
enough? (how small?)

It's probably still a little rough around the edges but if anyone wants
to test feel free to clone and try:

build.py --tag-release
build.py --cvs-release

Should look something like:

Checking for tag [oracle-instantclient-10.2.0-36] in git repo
[git+ssh://dgood...@git.rhndev.redhat.com/scm/git/thirdparty.git]
Building release from CVS...
Checking out cvs module [oracle-instantclient]
Creating oracle-instantclient-10.2.0.tar.gz from git tag:
fbd8da9d1c28045ea5e9f3a542c8acfa1baeaa55...

Preparing to commit [/tmp/spacewalk-build/cvswork/oracle-instantclient]
Switch terminals and run cvs diff in this directory to examine the
changes.
Do you wish to proceed with commit? [y/n] y
Proceeding with commit.
Creating CVS tags...
(cd ../common && cvs update)
cvs update: Updating .
cvs update: Updating devel
cvs tag  -c oracle-instantclient-10_2_0-36_el4sat
cvs tag: Tagging .
T .cvsignore
T Makefile
T branch
T oracle-instantclient.spec
T sources
T version
Tagged with: oracle-instantclient-10_2_0-36_el4sat

(cd ../common && cvs update)
cvs update: Updating .
cvs update: Updating devel
cvs tag  -c oracle-instantclient-10_2_0-36_el5sat
cvs tag: Tagging .
T .cvsignore
T Makefile
T branch
T oracle-instantclient.spec
T sources
T version
Tagged with: oracle-instantclient-10_2_0-36_el5sat

Submitting CVS builds...
(cd ../common && cvs update)
cvs update: Updating .
cvs update: Updating devel
Created task: 1700283
Task info: http://brewweb.devel.redhat.com/brew/taskinfo?taskID=1700283
(cd ../common && cvs update)
cvs update: Updating .
cvs update: Updating devel
Created task: 1700285
Task info: http://brewweb.devel.redhat.com/brew/taskinfo?taskID=1700285

If run on something that's already been tagged, it will have nothing to
commit for the spec file and die trying to run make tag. (this behavior
seems ok to me)

Next stage will be moving the existing projects left in svn, as well as
those under spec-tree/ in git into thirdparty.  This will have
implications in that the build-missing* scripts will not catch them
anymore, but this seems to be only a marginal concern considering the
projects will be built from binary packed source. (and rarely at
that)

Hopefully we can keep thirdparty as just a master branch, but if
necessary we can create branches to track spacewalk and satellite
releases.

Cheers,

Devan

- --
  Devan Goodwin <dgood...@redhat.com>
  Software Engineer     Spacewalk / RHN Satellite
  Halifax, Canada       650.567.9039x79267