Gurjeet Singh wrote:
Did some preliminary analysis and following are the results:

Total 64 views/ files have been ported.

Only two files are exactly same.

There are 23 files (including the above two) which have less than 10 lines of difference. These differences are mostly either nvl(), decode(), 'show error', or command terminator (/) differences. So these diffrences can be deemed minor and the Oracle version files can also be changed so that they can be put under common/ directory.

The other differences might also be minor, despite being large in number of lines in diff. This is because I remember having removed the trailing (commit-message like) comments from some files. So the number of files with minor changes can be a little higher.

I am abandoning any efforts in creating a common/ directory for now, in favour of query tagging efforts. Jeff/Devan, please let me know if you wish to prioritize this. Will pick this up again if we are able to finish query tagging in time.

Yes, I'd like you to prioritize getting the views straightened out since they constitute a significant portion of our schema.

Best regards,

PS: For future reference, following commands were used for the above analysis (to be executed from schema/spacewalk/):

# see the diff
ls postgresql/views/ | while read LINE; do echo "***********$LINE**********"; diff rhnsat/views/$LINE postgresql/views/$LINE ; done

# see the number of lines of difference for each file
ls postgresql/views/ | while read LINE; do echo "***********$LINE**********"; diff rhnsat/views/$LINE postgresql/views/$LINE | wc -l ; done

# see if there are any diffs between pairs of files
ls postgresql/views/ | while read LINE; do echo "***********$LINE**********"; diff rhnsat/views/$LINE postgresql/views/$LINE 1>/dev/null; echo $? ; done