All,

I spend most of the day doing side-by-side verification of oracle schema installed from master and pgsql. I've resolve most of the discrepancies and pushed them. I still have a few to deal with, most of them straight forward. I also fixed a bug in chameleon and it will have to be rebuilt in koji and pushed into the build roots.

One of the items that resurfaced is synonyms. The original plan was to do away with the synonyms because postgres does not support them. I've removed references to the synonyms in the schema (insert files) but the monitoring code seems to depend heavily on them. So, do leave the synonyms in the schema as oracle specific (the monitoring code will be broken for postgres) or do we replace references to the synonyms in the monitoring code for 0.6? Can someone comment on the LOE for this?

Regards,

Jeff