Hi guys.

I gave it a second round to my patch that improves the channel status. Right now part of the status is calculated with queries to the job history, but the metadata generation leaves no traces on the queue. I could enhance the schema to insert a flag when an exception is thrown, but this is overkill, as I don't need this data to survive reboots. If the latest status is lost is harmless.

In other "stacks" I would use something like redis for this. A key/value store that can be configured in-memory or with very basic persistence, and accessible from all the components (webapp, taskomatic, python, etc).

Do we have something like this already? Any other way of achieving the same?
Would adding something like redis to the infrastructure would be desired?

Cheers

--
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. - http://www.suse.com/

Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany