On 04/05/2013 08:52 AM, Jan Pazdziora wrote:
> Hmm, I wonder if the current logic is actually correct. It feel that
> a kickstartable channel (for the purpose of creating kickstart profile,
> for example) would be channel that has at least one kickstartable
> tree, or channel cloned from one that has the tree. Which is not
> a logic I can see in Channel.kickstartableChannels.
>
> If we changed the logic this way, that would work for SUSE as well,
> right? I'd much prefer to do it this way than hardcoding yet another
> name of package to the code base.
>
> Of course, creating new distribution should basically be allowed for
> any parent channel, it would seem.

Yes, this should work for SUSE as well. In this case we would need to
consider the install type of the tree (equals "distribution"?) though,
and make sure that it's != 'suse'. Agreed that such a solution would
be better than hardcoding the package name.

The original query should be suitable for creating new distributions.

--
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer