On 26 April 2019 at 13:46 BST, Michael Mraka wrote:

> Laurence Rochfort:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I was looking at the COPR project for Spacewalk 2.9 and noticed that
>> some of the spacewalk-* packages have a 2.8.x version, whereas in the
>> SPACEWALK-2.9 git tag they have a 2.9.x version.
>>
>> The main spacewalk package stands out in particular.
>>
>> https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/g/spacewalkproject/spacewalk-2.9/
>>
>> I noticed the following packages have different version numbers from
>> git:
>>
>> spacewalk-proxy-installer    2.8.6-1.fc28    14 days ago     succeeded
>> Disabled        -
>> spacewalk-config     2.8.5-1.fc28    14 days ago     succeeded
>> Disabled        -
>> spacewalk-setup-postgresql   2.8.4-1.fc28    14 days ago     succeeded
>> Disabled        -
>> spacewalk-proxy-selinux      2.8.3-1.fc28    14 days ago     succeeded
>> Disabled        -
>> perl-Satcon  2.8.2-1.fc28    14 days ago     succeeded       Disabled
>> -
>> spacewalk    2.8.2-1.fc28    14 days ago     succeeded       Disabled
>> -
>> spacewalk-proxy-docs         2.8.2-1.fc28    14 days ago     succeeded
>> Disabled        -
>> spacewalk-proxy-html         2.8.2-1.fc28    14 days ago     succeeded
>> Disabled        -
>>
>> Could somebody please confirm if the correct versions have been built on
>> COPR?
>
> Hello Laurence,
>
> these versions are ok. There has been no change during Spacewalk 2.9
> development in these packages. If you look into .spec you can see
> Version: 2.9.0 here but it is just a result of an automatic version
> bump so the first real change in the package would increased version to
> 2.9.1.
>
> Let's check latest tagged versions:
> $ cd spacewalk.git
> $ git checksout SPACEWALK-2.9
> $ for t in spacewalk-proxy-installer spacewalk-config
> spacewalk-setup-postgresql spacewalk-proxy-selinux perl-Satcon spacewalk-2
> spacewalk-proxy-docs spacewalk-proxy-html ; do git tag | grep $t | tail -1 ;
> done
> spacewalk-proxy-installer-2.8.6-1
> spacewalk-config-2.8.5-1
> spacewalk-setup-postgresql-2.8.4-1
> spacewalk-proxy-selinux-2.8.3-1
> perl-Satcon-2.8.2-1
> spacewalk-2.8.2-1
> spacewalk-proxy-docs-2.8.2-1
> spacewalk-proxy-html-2.8.2-1

Thanks for the explanation, Michael.

I do wonder if having the main Spacewalk 2.9 package have a version of
2.8 is a little confusing for a sys admin who's not so familiar with
Spacewalk?

If I were to ask yum which version of Spacewalk I have installed and it
says 2.8, or the main package version didn't match all the others, then
it might be confusing and cause me to try to upgrade?

Just a thought.

--
Cheers,
Laurence.