Thanks, that's a far better solution than the ones I was coming up with. I
tested with a fresh kickstart and it appears your solution indeed works.
   I'll move on to my next issues where I have a different set of channels
prescribed for the kickstart vs. the activation key. I specifically get an
error about installing a "libutempter" package when I have my Updates
channel included on the KS but otherwise get messages about missing
a iscsi-initiator-utils package. I can figure this one out through a series
of further testing.

Thanks again for the tip.

-- Jon Miller