Andrew,

I am not a developer and don't pretend to speak for them. I am, however a long-time user.

I understand your question but that's just not what SA does. If you read the archives then you should know this. This isn't the first message posted that explains that SA doesn't do this. (I know a lot of them are just NOs but some of them say why the answer is no.) SA ONLY marks up SPAM it has no function for deleting it, re-routing it, or doing anything else with it.

Again, with Exim it is possible to read in a 'delete' threshold on a per-user basis and create a router that uses that value to decide whether to deliver the message or not. (speaking off the top of my head here because I've not done this. I don't consider it a good idea.) I'm pretty sure courier and sendmail can both do the same just in different ways. Sorry, I don't use qmail at all.

I'm glad that the developers have never tried to squeeze this idea into SA. SA is great at what it does and they have been very diligent at preserving the vision of the project.

Let me know how I may be of service,
=C=
* Cal Evans
* http://www.eicc.com
* We take care of your IT,
* So you can take care of your business.
*
* I think inside the sphere.

Andrew Cranson wrote:
I've read the archives, and I've seen numerous answers to posts saying
that it's not supported. My question was to the developers - would they
(you) consider adding it to a future version of spamassassin?

The problem with qmail-scanner and the like is they aren't able to (from
what I've read) delete email above a user-defined deletion threshold
without a mysql preference from spamassassin. It seems that way anyway..

Cal Evans said:

To the moderator of the FAQ:

Can we make this a FAQ?

Not to be rude to you Andrew, I know you are just asking a question but
1) a little research (reading the list archive from yesterday) would
show that the answer is no. SpamAssassin does NOT delete, it simply
marks up messages (It's not designed to do this, if I read the
intentions of the developers, it never WILL be designed to do this.) and
2) we can't seem to go a day without this question or close cousin lately.

All that having been said, there are solutions you can implement in
procmail or your mail server to do this. But it's not a SA thing. (I use
EXIM, exiscan can do this for me if I so choose. Actually, exiscan can
be set to reject the message therefore you don't even have to delete it.)

Again, I'm not trying to be rude to you. Obviously this information,
which is common knowledge to those of us who have been reading this list
for any amount of time, is difficult for new members to find.

I'll shut up now.

Let me know how I may be of service,
=C=
* Cal Evans
* http://www.eicc.com
* We take care of your IT,
* So you can take care of your business.
*
* I think inside the sphere.

Andrew Cranson wrote:

Would it be possible for an additional mysql preferance for a threshold
be added to an upcoming spamassassin release for mail deletion? e.g. A
user sets required_hits to 5, and sets deletion_hits to 10, any mail
between 5 and 10 is tagged, anything above 10 is deleted.

------------------------------------------------------- The SF.Net email is sponsored by EclipseCon 2004 Premiere Conference on Open Tools Development and Integration See the breadth of Eclipse activity. February 3-5 in Anaheim, CA. http://www.eclipsecon.org/osdn _______________________________________________ Spamassassin-talk mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/spamassassin-talk