I can't reproduce this with version 3.1.5.

One thought: is it possible you're seeing no delay because the
connection matched one of the three filters you're disabling?  For
example, if the remote server were listed on the zen.spamhaus.org DNS
RBL, spamdyke would not delay the greeting banner.  This is by design --
it's better to send the rejection and close the connection and free your
server's resources as fast as possible.  Otherwise, high spam traffic
could quickly become a DoS attack.

If that explanation doesn't fit, could you send more details about the
connections that aren't delayed?  A full log would be perfect.

-- Sam Clippinger