Hans F. Nordhaug wrote:
> * Eric Shubert <e...@shubes.net> [2010-02-14]:
>> Hans F. Nordhaug wrote:
>>> * Sam Clippinger <s...@silence.org> [2010-02-13]:
>>> OK. Just a thought: Is this something that could be added to the prune
>>> script that was posted on the list some days ago?
>> I believe that the script will remove them once they age past the
>> graylist-max-secs setting. If that's not the case, I'd be glad to modify
>> the script so that it does.
>
> I can confirm that the script removes these files when they age beyond
> the graylist-max-secs setting. However, the directory seems to stick
> around - because of the wrong structure? Example:
>
> I had /var/spamdyke/graylist/kompakt.no/gvt.net.br/vuaqanipos2110
> before running the script. Afterwards, I have an empty directory
> /var/spamdyke/graylist/kompakt.no/gvt.net.br I guess the
> problem is that the script can't know that "gvt.net.br" isn't the
> local part of a kompakt.no address (unless it takes into account that
> there are only three address parts).
>
> Originally, I was just wondering if the script could be extended so it
> removes these files no matter what age?
>
> Hans

I might be able to modify the script to remove these errant entries,
provided there is a way to identify which are errant vs which are
legitimate. I don't know what this would be off hand.

The script presently only deletes one level of empty directories per
execution. The higher level empty directories should be removed on
subsequent runs of the script. To be honest, it didn't occur to me that
removing an empty directory would subsequently create another empty
directory. If you'd care to create a ticket at
http://qtp.qmailtoaster.com I'll see about changing it to repeat until
all empty directories are gone.

--
-Eric 'shubes'