Greg Cirino wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Has anybody experienced issues when graylisting a domain and timeouts with
> attachments (PDF files in my case)
>
> Here is the scenario,
>
> Remote users sends an email to a local domain user with a pdf attachment
>
> The graylisting kicks in (normal)
>
> After the initial graylist time, the user is allowed, but the email times
> out.
>
> I've seen this before from multiple remote sources using qmail and
> sendmail servers.
>
> This happens with and without tls, so I'm not sure it's a tls issue,
> though I may be wrong.
>
> The log seems to indicate the connection is allowed, and the timestamp on
> the timeout log entry is exactly the number of seconds of the idle-timeout
> setting.
>
> Not sure if the communication is breaking down or what.
>
> Any ideas or experiences?
>
> best
> greg

Which end is timing out the connection? You can use spamdyke's excellent
detailed logging to find out. My guess is that the session times out
before spam/virus scanning is complete. If that's the case, either tune
up your scanning if possible (put working directory in tmpfs?) or
increase your timeout setting to be greater than the longest scan times
you're seeing.

--
-Eric 'shubes'