Boris Hinzer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> can anybody verify this behavior?
> We are facing the situation, that if we whiteliste local emailadresse the
> smtp auth is completely skipped.
> Server is then acting like an open relay for these mailaddresses.
>
> In spamdyke.conf we have the following:
> smtp-auth-command=/var/qmail/bin/smtp_auth /var/qmail/bin/true
> /var/qmail/bin/cmd5checkpw /bin/true
> smtp-auth-level=ondemand-encrypted
>
> Best regards,
>
> Boris

I can't verify, but this is the behavior I would expect. If something is
whitelisted, all filters are bypassed. Likewise if a session is
authenticated. Whitelisting can be dangerous, especially whitelisting
your own domain(s). Whitelisting is intended more for getting around
trusted mail servers that are misconfigured (rDNS issues typically).

If your local users all authenticate (which they should), you can
*blacklist* your local domains, which effectively blocks spam which
spoofs/forges your domains. This is counter intuitive, but since your
users authenticate, they will not be affected by the blacklist.

What circumstance lead you to whitelist your local domain in the first
place? Difficulty authenticating?

--
-Eric 'shubes'