This came across on the Dovecot list recently:
http://marc.info/?l=postfix-users&m=129952854117623&w=2

Eric B on the QMT list has done some testing, and it appears that both
spamdyke and qmail-smtpd presently contain this flaw.

Sam, will you have a look into this? The link explains the situation in
good detail. While I wouldn't call this a severe bug, it is a real
vulnerability none the less.

Also, I'm not familiar at all with the qmail-smtpd code. QMT presently
uses these TLS patches:
http://erresea.arda.homeunix.net/store/qmail/
http://inoa.net/qmail-tls/
Do you have any words of wisdom regarding these patches? I hope that
someone in the QMT community (myself, if nobody else steps up) can get
this code fixed as well.

Thanks Sam, for all you do.

--
-Eric 'shubes'