With spamdyke 4.3.1, I've come across an email which takes an inordinate
amount of time to scan, for whatever reason. I had idle-timeout=60, so
spamdyke would timeout the session, and a minute or so later the scan
completes, and the message is delivered. This causes duplicates though,
as the sender isn't aware of the successful delivery.

I've bumped up the idle-timeout to 180, which I expect will remedy the
situation.

I wonder, though, if this setting could or should be suspended during
the time which spamdyke is waiting for delivery to happen. Perhaps there
should be 2 settings - one for the incoming side and one for the
delivery side? I like keeping this setting on the low side to keep
senders from tying up incoming processes, yet the setting doesn't seem
to make any sense when waiting for scanning/delivery, especially when
spamdyke can't cancel that part of things.

Thanks Sam.

--
-Eric 'shubes'