I also remember this discussion but it was quite a while ago. I had subsequently removed greylisting as well with no noticeable increase in spam. I did add Sam's hunter_seeker script and it did make a difference. However, I haven't seen any new websites added to that blocklist so I wonder whether that is as effective as it used to be.