I like to assemble as follows:

1. Put the springs on the screws, followed by the washer.  Make the
flat side of the washer face the spring.  Insert the
screw/spring/washer into the center.  Do that for all six.

2. Using a screwdriver, push the screw all the way into one of the
centers (compressing the spring all the way), then screw it into the
burr.  Make sure you screw it in as straight as possible.  Stop when
you get about 0.5 mm from the burr.  Do that for all six.

3. Assemble the edges and corners to complete the cube.

4. Cut six square pieces of paper the same size as the center (use
the center caps to trace the outline onto paper before cutting).
Lay each square so it covers the center.  It should rest neatly
between the surrounding four edge pieces.  Mash the cap onto the
center, deforming the paper as you press it in.  The tension will
keep the cap in place nicely.  Do that for all six.

5. Break the cube in before lubing, to remove any stray plastic
shavings.  Don't worry if it feels too tight.

6. Turn two adjacent faces a tiny bit, to create an opening near a
center.  Drop a few drops of silicone oil into the opening, then
scramble the cube thoroughly.  Careful not to get the paper pieces
wet (replace them if they do).

7. Adjust the tension by temporarily removing the center caps and
loosening each screw the same amount.

8. Sticker and enjoy!

Chris

--- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "bballkid2076"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, kyuubree <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> >
> > How could you figure out how to put them together?I just bought a
> white and black diy and using jon morris and ton's site i could not
> put them together
>

> The DIY is good by itself but the lube makes it go a little
smoother
> > as well.  I don't know what good silicone feels like yet but I
am on
> > the lookout for the Prestone brand.
> >
> > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Tyson Mao <tmao@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Sorry to hear about that.
> > >
> > > Did you lube the cube to get it to fly nicely?  Do you think
that
> > these
> > > DIY cubes are all amazing, or that you got lucky with a good
one?

> > > Tyson Mao
> > > Astrophysics '06
> > > California Institute of Technology