I can't believe you wrote all that for typing some stupid alfabet!

Whaha... I cant really type without using the 10 finger system... It
feels like I am doing something really bad.. :D... whhaha..

I got my record down to 3.453 by now..

- Joël.

--- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, cmhardw
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Allright... 5.64 is my record now..
> >
> > I usually forget the S in the end part somehow.. But its fun to
> > practice this :)
> >

> Hey Joel,
>
> Don't try to type it correctly, try to view it as a finger trick
on
> the cube.
>
> I use QWERTY and I did this,
>
> Start with left hand ring finger on "A", left hand index finger
on "D"
> right hand index finger on "C" and right hand middle finger on "B".
>
> Now press the keys in order and then press "E" with you left index
> then drag your right index finger over "F" "G" and "H" hitting all
> three, then hit "I" with your left index while pausing your right
> index finger.  Once you've hit "I" continue dragging your right
> finger over "J" "K" "L" hitting all three.
>
> Then I drag for "M" and "N" then also for "O" and "P" then for Q-Z
> just hit the keys alternating left and right hand fingers.  That's
the
> part I don't have a routine for, and the end is much slower than
my
> beginning.
>
> I can see how doing it with dragging for hitting groups of nearby
keys
> can help.  For example if you have to hit "Q" then "R" then "S"
just
> drag your left index from "Q" to "R" hitting all keys in between
then
> drag back over "E" then diagonal to "S".
>
> Don't worry that you hit more keys, the program has no penalty for
> this and also you can hit them faster this way than by
conventional
> typing.
>
> Just my thoughts, no idea how to get this under 2 seconds.  I
imagine
> you have to use a better routine than what I do.
>
> Also I like the idea of mapping the keyboard to ABCDEFGH and just
> dragging a finger across each row, hitting all keys in 0.1 seconds
or
> something :-)  But of course that would be cheating.
>
> I wonder if QWERTY or DVORAK would be faster, which has keys
grouped
> together well for dragging your finger across them?
>
> Either way this is fun, it's like trying to find a fast way to do
> cube PL alg, we have the moves, now how do we do them quickly?
>
> Chris

Yahoo! Groups Links