Hello,

 Last night I downloaded the latest firmware for the SpeedTouch USB
modem for use with Linux via http://www.speedtouchdsl.com or
http://www.alcateldsl.com. For those of you who hate the registration
nag screen as much as I do, you can download directly if you have the
correct URL, fe http://download.ethomson.com/download/KQD6_R204.zip .

 I am using a 330, and before used the mgmt.o firmware. Because I am
still seeing USB_DEVFS errors after some inactivity I decided to
download the latest firmware. Although the KQD6P2.eni file seems to
work somewhat I am soon getting errors concerning wrong VPI/VCI values.

 So I had a look at http://speedtouch.sourceforge.net and noticed the
firmware.bin file that is made available there. (Gomez, maybe it is a
good idea to add your email address at this page.) My question is where
does this firmware.bin come from? A direct URL avoiding the nag screen
would be great. I can't find any reference to this firmware anywhere on
the sites I searched. (No idea why Thomson is speaking of Linux
"support".)

Bye,
Leonard.

--
How clean is a war when you shoot around nukelar waste?
Stop the use of depleted uranium ammo!