> Hi Ed,
>
>> A search through the WindowsXP directory brought to light that the very
>> old file alcaudsl.sys is still there. Not a suprise as I used the
>> installation disk from 06-06-2002 to load the speedtouch driver under
>> WindowsXP after I had installed WindowsXP. So I suppose it is the one
>> used
>> by WindowsXp.
>>
>> file: /Windows/C/WINDOWS/system32/drivers/alcaudsl.sys
>> md5sum: 8080b5ea17a763bbce6c92bbc6ceefe8
>>
>> The firmware files that I have been using for years for all Linux
>> distributions are:
>> /lib/firmware/speedtch-1.bin
>> md5sum: be58aef97d8435dce070c96574c06564
>> /lib/firmware/speedtch-2.bin
>> md5sum: 4dc23adb72007919f30d50ebcf222f8a
>>
>> I tried to find the .inf files that contain the words you mentioned
>> using
>> search commands like:
>>
>> grep -rsiH modem /Windows/C/WINDOWS/* | grep -rsi option
>> grep -rsiH DSL /Windows/C/WINDOWS/* | grep -rsi Max
>>
>> but none had anything the like.
>
> try searching for alcaudsl.

alcaudsl is found in file
/Windows/C/WINDOWS/setupapi.log
and
/Windows/C/WINDOWS/inf/oem9.inf

What file setupapi.log says is that it understands the driver program to
be of 06-06-2002, what matches with the date of alcaudsl.sys and that it
installs from section [alcaudsl.Install] in "h:\windows\inf\oem9.inf".

Looks as if alcaudsl.sys is the microcode that is loaded.

>> I only find the files
>> /Windows/C/WINDOWS/inf/oem8.inf
>> /Windows/C/WINDOWS/inf/oem9.inf
>> that contain words like speedtouch or alcatel.
>>
>> So, as a consequence, I do not find any parameter information.
>> Suppose I boot into WindowsXP, is there some manner in which I can
>> retrieve information about the parameters you mentioned?
>
> Not really.  You can use a usb snooper to see what windows is sending
> to the modem, but that's not for the faint hearted.
>
> Do you see the message "OAM not supported" in dmesg output?

No. It is not there.

Would it be an idea to use the alcaudsl.sys microcode as suggested in the
README file of the speedtouchconf project?
Alternatively: can you tell me how to change parameters of the speedtch
module using the modprobe command?

Regards,

Ed

Pour se désinscrire : mailto:speedtouch-requ...@ml.free.fr?subject=unsubscribe