==> 11th International Cave Rescue Conference
FromWorld Caving News http://www.zenas.gr/WCN => 10 July 2006.11th
International Cave Rescue Conference of Cave Rescue Commission of the
International Union of SpeleologyAggtelek-Jósvafő, 15-18 May, 2007.We
have decided the 11th Conference during the Congress UIS held in Greece in
August 2005.We know that they were many and different trainings about the
rescue in all the countries and conti-nents. An inquiry is organised during
this year 2006 to know the organization of cave rescue in the world. We have to
study the administrative aspects of cave rescue : it's the objective during
this 11th Conference.The cave rescue teams are not known in several countries,
so we are planning to discuss it how can we organize and do a rescue operation,
if it is needed.Besides them we are planning that how the countries deal with
insurance, with responsibility, with finance and security?This conference will
bring answers and projects for cavers.Before this Conference, we will send the
result of the above mentioned inquiry about cave rescue; we will use it for our
discussion.See you soonChristian Dodelinpresident of the Cave Rescue Commission
of the UISSource: http://www.caverescue.hu/konferencia_gb/conference.html
http://www.zenas.gr/site/home/eng_detail.asp?iData=4678

==> Report due on cave bones bones
FromWorld Caving News http://www.zenas.gr/WCN => 9 July 2006.A report
officially confirming whether bones found at Eleuthera's Preacher's Cave are
the centuries old remains of a Lucayan Indian and an Eleutheran Adventurer is
expected to be issued in August. In March, a team of Miami-Dade archaeologists
discovered what is believed to be the 500-year-old skeletal remains of a
Lucayan Indian lying inches away from the remains of a 350-year-old Eleutheran
Adventurer just 150 meters beneath the cave's floor. Source:
http://www.thenassauguardian.net/national_local/301558460213615.php
http://www.zenas.gr/site/home/eng_detail.asp?iData=4676

==> Harrison's Cave upgrade to cost $34m
FromWorld Caving News http://www.zenas.gr/WCN => 7 July 2006.CHINA STATE
CORPORATION will be undertaking the redevelopment work at Harrison's Cave.
Minister of the Environment, Elizabeth Thompson, announced on Friday that the
15-month project will cost $34 million. Work is set to begin on July 15.
Source: http://www.nationnews.com/story/317093921165835.php
http://www.zenas.gr/site/home/eng_detail.asp?iData=4677

SpeleoUnion http://groups.google.ru/group/SpeleoUnion