Yarko T schrieb:

> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 3:57 AM, Georg Brandl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

>     As for the latex title/author patch, this is actually documented :)
>     It's e.g. needed for doing author="A \\and B".
>
>     Georg
>

> This seems like there is still something not right with this
>
> If I have :
>
>     Python3 Patterns \\and Idioms
>
>     =======================
>

> the LaTeX output is (which still needs hand editing --- need that to be
> \& at least)
>
>     \title{Python 3 Patterns & Idioms book}

Are you using 0.4? This is an area where I did some fixes in tip.

Anyway, there are *two* ways to set a title for the LaTeX documentation:

* set a title in the conf.py latex_documents setting. Since this text is
  only ever used for LaTeX, it is not escaped.

* don't set a title there, then the title of the document you give in the
  conf.py setting is used. In this case, the text is properly escaped, so
  you should be fine to use

Python 3 Patterns & Idioms