Michele Simionato schrieb:
> As an experiment, I was trying to build a set of old .rst documents I
> have with Sphinx; whereas
> the html writer worked as advertised, the latex writer gives me this
> error:
>
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Sphinx-0.5.1-py2.5.egg/sphinx/
> latexwriter.py", line 1192, in unknown_visit
>     raise NotImplementedError('Unknown node: ' +
> node.__class__.__name__)
> NotImplementedError: Unknown node: inline
>
> Problem is, I have no idea which one is the document at fault. I could
> possibly
> change the document, if it is using some unsupported directive, but
> from
> the traceback I cannot figure out which one is the faulty document,
> and since I am
> building 195 files together it is not easy to discover it by trials
> and errors.
> Perhaps a more informative error message would be a good idea? ;)
> Maybe this is even fixed in subversion but I am using the latest egg
> at the present.
> Thanks for any feedback,

This is not supposed to happen. :)  Every writer should be able
to handle every docutils node that occurs in a document.  I've fixed
that now.

If something like this occurs again: I know you're an experienced Python
developer, so if you run sphinx with the -P option it will give you a
Pdb prompt when the error occurs where you will be able to peek at
str(node), str(node.parent) and so forth and find out what text is in
the node.

cheers,
Georg