I'm a contributor to a small but incrementally growing OSS project and
the recent problem, that's been bugging me and some our end users, was
lack of proper documentation.

Right now, all what we have is some generic API docs generated with
epydocs from epytext formatted docstring's. I'm thinking about
refactoring the docstring's to reST format, so we can adopt sphinx as
our primary docs generator.

So my question is: Is there a decent format converter from epytext to
reST markup?

If not: I was working on a script that would try to naively convert
epytext to reST and then warn me is the reST markup is valid or not. I
bet you guys have developed some kind of reST validator - can someone
please point out the code of your validation mechanism ?

I would be  grateful for any helpful resources for the 2 questions
listed above. Thx!

Kind regards, Tomaž