On 2010-05-30, andreash wrote:
> Hi there,

> I am using Zotero (http://www.zotero.org) to manage my bibliography
> database. Is there any way how I can include this bibliography into
> Sphinx? Especially in the HTML output ... I'm not necessarily looking
> for a way to actually use these items (although it would be nice); it
> would rather be sufficient to generate the bibliography, if possible
> with the BibTeX style of my choice ...

> If this is not possible, what would be the best way to implement this?

The fastest way would be to export from the BibTeX database to HTML (see
below for tools able to do this) and include (or link to) the resulting
file.

> I'd really be interested in implementing this ...

There is a TODO item for Docutils regarding citations:

  Citations:
    Collect citations that are referenced ...

    Citations can be:

    a) defined in the document as citation elements

    b) auto-generated from entries in a bibliographic database.

       + based on bibstuff_?
       + also have a look at

         * CrossTeX_, a backwards-compatible, improved bibtex
           re-implementation in Python (including HTML export).
           (development stalled since 2 years)

         * Pybtex_,a drop-in replacement for BibTeX written in Python.

           * BibTeX styles & (experimental) pythonic style API.
           * Database in BibTeX, BibTeXML and YAML formats.
           * full Unicode support.
           * Write to TeX, HTML and plain text.

    * Automatically insert a "References" heading?

.. _bibstuff: http://code.google.com/p/bibstuff/
.. _CrossTeX: http://www.cs.cornell.edu/people/egs/crosstex/
.. _Pybtex:   http://pybtex.sourceforge.net/

Once this is solved in the Docutils core, it will be available for Sphinx
too.

Günter